Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sunflowers and Skies!



Not a bunch of new ideas here, but my third graders did such a great job on their sunflower drawings that I had to share. 

We looked at sunflowers (fake ones, though) both individually and in a vase. Then my students just took off with it. I think they mades some interesting choices.


Second grade also studied Van Gogh, but this time Starry Night. We compared Van Gogh's painting to different photos of our city skyline with different skies. The kids were so excited to see photos of their own city, "That's where I live!" They could create any type of sky they wanted. We had storms, sunsets and cloudy skies galore. We had some very colorful ones, and they all turned out fairly successful.
A few of my favorites.
Most of them made no attempt to follow our city skyline at all, which was perfectly fine. I think they turned out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...