Friday, December 21, 2012

Bad ink?

As my class was printing the second color of their reduction prints, my ink started doing funny things. The ink would roll off of their printing plate as they tried to add new. There was plenty of ink for rolling. It hadn't been left out too long. This didn't happen with my first class that printed. This ink was left in my school from the previous teacher when it used to be a middle school, meaning I have NO idea how old it is, except at least two years. Does it sound like bad ink? Does that happen? Feel free to offer suggestions/opinions. I only have a little bit of the black ink left, but I have a lot of other colors that I am a bit worried about.

7 comments:

  1. It wasn't oil-based, was it? That happened to me once, some oil-based got into my box of water-based ink and it was a nightmare. I now read the labels every time! Other than that, it could be something on the surface of the foam causing it, like a layer of soap from washing after the first printing. I tell my kids not to use soap for that, but some do anyway. I suppose if the ink was really old and separated it may have that kind of results. Try kneading the tube really well, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. The o Bly thing I can think of is that perhaps they had tried to wash off their plate d and left them a little wet? Or, like hope said, it has separated. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, that was some weird autocorrect in my comment above, wasn't it? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew what you meant, Phyl! I will try kneading the tubes. This was happening to every students' print, so I don't think it could be water or soap on ALL of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see this painting, I remember my school life. Unforgettable day's. Definitely everyone of you agreed with my thoughts.


    Best painting contractors in Miami always ready to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a perfect painter, but I am also laughed to saw his handmade painting. On this time, you have an opportunity of Local Moving Services in Atlanta GA provide you reliable service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bad ink! Bad ink will be destroy your painting skills. Get our Commercial Electrical Services Los Angeles CA, we are a licensed electrical company.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...